Angol nyelvterületen a szleng és az ironikus kritizálás már-már művészeti ág, aminek igen nagy mestere Simon Cowell, az amerikai X-faktor atyja. Cowell híres és hírhedt modoráról, ám az biztos, hogy ha sértegetésről van szó, nincsen párja. Persze, az angolok is könnyedén felveszik a kesztyűt, ha vicces visszavágásokról van szó, legyen akár szóban vagy SMS-en keresztül. Szeretnél néhány vicces fordulatot tanulni a szigetlakóktól? A most következő Celebangol bejegyzésünkben mesterfokra emelheted angol kritizálási képességedet!
Slang is a kind of language consisting of very informal words and phrases. Slang is more common in speech than in writing. Slang words are often used in a particular context or by a particular group of people.
Some Insulting Slang
|airhead (US)||a silly, stupid person||idióta|
|bugger (US,UK)||a disliked or pitiful person, usually a man||gazember, szánalmas|
|dead-beat (US)||a dull, lazy, unreliable person||csavargó, lusta|
|jerk||a stupid person||idióta, szemétláda|
|zero||a worthless person, someone who's done nothing worthwhile in life||értéktelen ember, nulla|
|annoying||making you feel angry||bosszantó|
|rack||to cause physical or mental pain to someone||kínszenvedés|
|torture||to cause physical or mental pain to someone||kín|
|geek||a computer and IT expert||számítógép zseni|
|flake||an unreliable person who says they'll do something, but then doesn't do it||megbízhatatlan ember|
Now, can you find the mistakes in the sentences? (some sentences are correct)
1. A zero person is silly and can be very stupid.
2. A geek is computer expert.
3. You have made me very angry. This situation is so annoying.
4. James’ voice is a nightmare. Her audition was a torture.
5. We have never trusted in him because he is a flake.
6. He is a big zero. He hasn’t done anything in his life.
7. He thinks he know everything, but he is just an airhead.
1. a zero person → an airhead, 2. computer expert → a computer expert, 3. OK, 4. her → his 5. NO – in! 6. OK, 7. knowS
Some insult SMS :)
1. Roses r red, violets r blue,
I was born smart & handsome,
but what the hell happened 2u?
2. Press Down if u think u r MAD.
I can't Believe u Did That!
For Gods Sake! LORD!!
Why r u Still Doing it?
I Saw You In My Dreams ... :)
I Woke Up
4. What is the difference between Monkey & Donkey?
Monkey saves this message
& Donkey deletes this message.
The choice is yours ...
|what the hell||mi a fene|
|for God’s Sake||az Isten szerelmére|
|no wonder||nem csoda|
Szint: Felsőhaladó / felsőfok
Level: Upper-intermediate / Advanced
American Idol and X-factor Judge Simon Cowell shares his most crass, rude, pigheaded insults with you. And of course... with an English accent.
Here, we relive 20 of Cowell's finest comments, dished out to contestants, relatives and even dear old Bob Dylan. (timesonline.co.uk)
1. “You should sue your singing teacher”
2. “I presume there was no mirror in your dressing room tonight."
3. “The end of the animal trade would leave more time to trap or beat to death pop star wannabes”
4. At age 4: "Mum, you look like a poodle"
5. On Bob Dylan: 'A singing poet? It just bores me to tears.'
6. “Shave off your beard and wear a dress. I think you’d be a great female impersonator”
7. "Did you really believe you could become the American Idol? Well, then, you're deaf."
8. "You have just invented a new form of torture"
9. "If you had lived 2,000 years ago and sung like that, I think they would have stoned you."
10. "The look, it was like something out of the Addams Family."
11. "You have the personality of a handle.”
12. "I’m tempted to ask if you sang that the night before your wife left you."
13. "You look like one of those creatures that live in the jungle with those massive eyes."
14. "What do you think we are looking for – a two-year-old who can't sing?"
15. "You were having fun. I'm not sure how much fun everyone at home was having."
16. "You came across as a background singer for a background singer."
17. "You sounded like Cher after she's been to the dentist."
18. “Can I ask you a question? Do you and your girlfriend sing together at home? Have the police ever called?"
19. "You are fabulous but it was the singing that was slightly off-putting."
20. Simon: "What normally happens when you sing in public, Deborah?"
Deborah: "I've had a few people cry."
Simon: "I can believe that."
Can you find the words if the meanings are given?
1. to make legal claim
2. partially or completely lacking in the sense of hearing
3. to search
4. excruciating physical or mental pain
5. to hurl or throw stones at sy, especially to kill with stones
6. a person who desires to be (or be like) someone else
7. extremely good
8. a part that is designed to be held or operated with the hand
1. to sue (1), 2. deaf (7), 3. to look for (14), 4. torture (8), 5. to stone somebody (9), 6. wannabe (3), 7. fabulous (19), 8. a handle (11)
Can you list at least ten insulting words, phrases from the video?
horrible, torture, twice as bad as before, we have weeks not decades, never ever ever again, scary, back to planet Earth, annoying, irritating, despise, that was a rack, you have just murdered the track, lippy, sing out of tune
|back to planet Earth||visszatérve a Földre|
|to despise||megvet, lenéz|
|that was a rack||ez egy kín(zás) volt|
|you have just murdered the track||éppen “megölted” , kivégezted a (zene)számot.|
|to sing out of tune||hamisan énekel|