Tudtad, hogy Húsvétkor a mindenkori amerikai elnök tojásgurítást rendez a gyerekekkel a Fehér Ház előtt?
Húsvéti blogbejegyzésünkben az angolszász húsvéti szokásokról olvashatsz.
Jó szótanulást, szókeresést és húsvétolást kívánunk!
Read the text about Easter and answer the questions below.
Easter is celebrated every spring on a Sunday. It is a Christian holiday and they celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Easter has many traditions that are not religious because Easter also celebrates the arrival of spring, new life, and the death of winter. There are several symbols and customs in connection with Easter. The symbols are, for example, the Easter Bunny, eggs, chicken, spring flowers, especially lilies. People also eat ham and pretzels and wear new clothes for dinner.
The Easter Bunny lays a nest of coloured eggs if the child behaves well. This tradition comes from Germany. According to the myth, a poor woman hid coloured eggs for her children for Easter and a hare hopped by when the children were looking for the eggs. They believed that the hare lay a nest of coloured eggs for them. When this tradition reached the U.S. , the hare became a rabbit because rabbits are more common there.
There are many Easter customs. One popular tradition is Easter egg hunt. For egg hunting, adults hide the coloured eggs, the children look for them and the child with the most eggs is the winner. Easter egg-rolling is another common tradition. Children roll their eggs down a slope and the child with the first egg that is not broken wins the race. Also, every Easter, children can go to the White House and celebrate Easter with the White House Easter Egg Roll which is hosted by the current President.
|Hide, hid, hidden||elrejt|
|Hop by||elszökdécsel valami mellett|
|egg hunt||tojás vadászat|
- 1. When is Easter celebrated?
- 2. What do Christians celebrate?
- 3. What are the symbols of Easter?
- 4. What does the Easter bunny do?
- 5. What are the most common Easter traditions?
- 1. It's celebrated on Sunday.
- 2.They celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- 3. The symbols are the Eater Bunny, eggs, chicken, spring flowers, especially lilies.
- 4. The Easter Bunny lays a nest of coloured eggs.
- 5. Easter egg hunt, egg-rolling, White House Easter Egg Roll, eating ham and pretzel, and wearing new clothes.
Find the following words in the words search puzzle.
Hop | rabbit | egg hunt | pretzel | nest | tradition | egg-rolling | hide | coloured eggs | hare | chicken | lilies